Holds contracts with: Tasman District and Nelson City Councils.
Is funded by: MfE; Canterbury Community Trust; Pub Charity; Dick Roberts Trust; WWF; Bowater Motor Group; Bunnings; Nelson City Council; Tasman District Council; Working Together More Fund.
Has relationships with: Solar City (delivery of renewable energy education); National Environment Centre Collective; Experiencing Marine Reserves; & Friends of Maitai.
NEC waste related projects
- Running the Nelson Reuse & Recycling store
- Waste minimisation education programmes in schools and early childhoods centres
- Builders cardboard waste behaviour change programme is achieving great results
- Household food waste behaviour change programme supporting the WasteMINZ Behaviour change sector group project
- Delivery of Compost/worm farm/bokashi workshops
- Kids Edible Gardens in Schools programme
- Maintains a website directory of reuse, recycling options in the Nelson Tasman region
- Community garden & workshops on renewable energy and waste
- Environmental film screenings