We’re looking for a part-time communications officer to help us get the word out about the work of our awesome members and help make Aotearoa Zero Waste.
The Zero Waste Network is a nation-wide network of community organisations working towards zero waste. We promote the work of our members and issues important to the community resource recovery sector via two monthly email newsletters, direct communications to our membership and stakeholders, and on social media.
We’re looking for someone to take on the job of producing these two newsletters, help to implement our communications strategy and engage the wider public with the work of the network, our members and zero waste generally.
The initial contract will be for six months, but there is plenty of scope to turn this into a larger and longer position. You’ll be able to choose your own hours and work from home or from our office in Glen Innes, some travel may be required. The role will initially be 8 hours per week. Rate of pay to be discussed, but around $30/hr.
• To be good with people and an excellent networker – the job will involve meeting lots of people and getting them to share their stories.
• Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing and editorial abilities.
• Knowledge of, or at least a strong interest in, zero waste, resource recovery and social enterprise.
• To be able to work independently, and manage your time well.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, WordPress Mailchimp or similar, media monitoring software and other public relations tools.
• Good working knowledge of social media best practices and familiarity with social media platforms.
This would be an awesome job for someone who is passionate about community development and zero waste.
To apply email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th Feb