Make a submission
The Zero Waste Network Aotearoa encourages you to take part in the democratic process, and to make the voices calling for zero waste solutions louder and clearer. Our submission guides and our submissions are for others to use to inform their own.
Current consultations/submissions open (As of November 2021)
1. Te kawe i te haepapa para: Taking responsibility for our waste
This consultation covers the waste strategy and legislation update.
- This consultation is open until 10 December 2021
- Prepare your own submission
- You can do a very quick submission using this guide (2pp) – primarily for individuals broadly wanting to support zero waste solutions
- You can do a detailed submission using this guide (17pp) – primarily for individuals, organisations, projects, businesses and councils organisations involved in some aspect of zero waste/waste minimisation/circular economy work
- Read our full submission, and add your organisation’s name to it. You will need to supply your logo by 8 December to Dorte via email
- Read the full 82-page consultation paper
- Check out the short 6-page snapshot version
- Make a submission: When you are ready, go to the consultation portal
2. Ngā waeture tiaki rawa kua takoto i konei: Ngā taea me ngā pūhiko kaitā: Proposed product stewardship regulations: Tyres and large batteries
Every year around 6.5 million tyres are imported into New Zealand. When they reach their end of use, about two-thirds go to landfill or are illegally dumped, creating the risk of fire and toxic emissions. In 2020, an estimated 1000 electric vehicle batteries reached their end of use. By 2030 that number could reach 84,000 each year.